Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, is one of the best places to visit and to take a vacation. However, you should consider planning vacation activities on Hilton Head Island before you arrive. With that said, below are a few activities you can do on the island.
1. Cycling – The perfect place to go cycling is on Hilton Head Island, which is home to more than 60 miles of trails that you can cycle on, and you can easily get around from one place to another on a bicycle. Also, you don’t have to bring your own bike or buy a bike because there are thousands of bicycles for rent. However, you are free to bring your own bicycles to the island. So if you enjoy cycling, then make sure you plan on doing it when you arrive in Hilton Head.
2. Beaches – One of the best things to do while in Hilton Head is to visit the beach. In fact, you have a number of beaches to go to, and there are more than 12 miles of beaches on the island. You can take part in various activities such as playing in the dunes, relaxing, sun tanning, swimming or just going for a long walk. Furthermore, it’s worth mentioning that many people consider the beaches in Hilton Head to be some of the best in the state and country, so if you love the beach, then make sure to visit the beaches of Hilton Head Island.
3. Golf – Golfing is a fun activity for the entire family. Hilton Head Island offers plenty of opportunities for golfing enthusiasts. If you enjoy playing a game of golf, and you love being surrounded by amazing scenery, or if you want to teach your kids how to play or if your entire family enjoys golf, then make sure you put time aside on your vacation to get on the links. If you visit Hilton Head Plantation, you can play the award-winning Oyster Reef Golf Course Country Club or a semi-private 18-hole golf course designed by Rees Jones. Also popular is Bear Creek Golf Course.
4. Dolphin Watching – Do you enjoy being out in the boat and are you fascinated by dolphins? If so, then you will want to go dolphin watching, which you can easily do because there are a number of businesses that operate dolphin watching cruises. You and your entire family will love being out on the waters of Hilton Head and you will love having the chance to spot dolphins in their natural habitats, so make sure you book a dolphin watching cruise if you’re planning a trip to Hilton Head Island.
5. Kayaking- If you and your family are looking for adventure, then try kayaking. The island offers you the chance to kayak and take in the surrounding area. Don’t worry about bringing your own kayak because you can rent them throughout the island.
6. Museums- When the time comes to plan what activities you and your family will do on Hilton Head Island, you will want to make sure visiting the museums on the island is on the list. Some of the best museums in the state can be found on the island, and you will learn a lot about South Carolina. And let’s not forget to mention that there are interactive museums that allow you to get hands-on, and museums that showcase the history of the local area. You will have a lot of fun while learning about the area’s rich history.
Those are only a few vacation activities you can do while in Hilton Head. Make sure you take part in the above activities, but also plan on doing other things. With that said, all you have to do now is book your trip to Hilton Head Island and start enjoying all that it has to offer.